Christina: Thanks for the long FDK! smile1

Padre Carlos is back! I also like that he's playing a role very similar to one used in the comics in the past (if I remember correctly, there was a Catholic priest that Superman/Clark talks with in "Superman: For Tomorrow".)
I didn't know about that character, but since priests aren't supposed to divulge secrets, I thought it would be a good person for Clark to talk to.

I wonder why his voice was quavering? I suppose he was worried that his "soul" might be "snuffed out and replaced" (in the context of the timeline restarting not Clark doing that intentionally.)
He's nervous about why Superman is back. He had confessed some pretty serious secrets the last time he was there, and he's a pretty powerful guy. And, yes, he could be there to warn him that he's about to change Carlos's life forever.

Nice peace offering. Probably best to move it to a more secure location. While confessionals are fairly private I doubt they'd be as private as they'd need it to be.
Let's hope Carlos's private apartment is a better location.

Carlos: it doesn't hurt to try it out.
He is drinking a cup.

Yup, no doubt in my mind this was meant to be the Canon Soul lost.
cool

Rotten luck that it had to happen twice over.
I believe in "Soul Mates" it was established that either Lois or Clark were destined to be orphaned.

It would make sense that he would consider it part of his mission considering his personal history (and potentially the soul history.)
[Linked Image]

It is kind of discomfiting because reincarnation doesn't really jive with Christian philosophy and religion.
Exactly.

I guess I could see how that would be the case.
Seeing the big picture, and how others view the same event in history is sometimes a difficult feat.

Translation: I'm not about to give her up.
CLARK: She's mine, and you can't have her. Ninner-ninner-ninner!

CARLOS: I'm a priest. I don't want her.

CLARK: So, you say.... but... but... but... She's Lois! How could you not be wiped off your feet by her?

CARLOS: :rolleyes:

It is probably a relief to know that the life you've made for yourself will still be there, that it won't be rendered moot.
Exactly. He might not believe him, but there could be the possibility.

Carlos: Is Lois married to someone else, then?
CLARK: clap Yes.

Lois: You could come over. I think you'd enjoy it now that we're not on the clock.
CLARK: The clock wasn't why I hadn't enjoyed it in the first place.

Lois: So I guess he's tired then. *pouts* I like it when he's not quite as tired.
CLARK: Phew.

Ah, Lois. Going to make things harder for him, I see.

Lois: But of course.
Why would she make things easier for him?

Of course she knew what he was going to say. And she's NOT in the mood to drop it.

Clark: *groans*
LOIS: evil

Clark: Padre, this is not going to be easy. At. All.
CARLOS: If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. If it were easy, it wouldn't be a test of one's faith and inner strength.

Lois: heeheehee.... At least I know that I'm having an affect on him and it's not me.

(BTW, I'm sure she knows but it doesn't hurt for him to stroke he "intimacy" ego just a little bit more and this is one good way to do that.)
LOIS: laugh I know what I'm doing.

Dreams of a Lois on satin sheets. A Lois in a babydoll blue negligee. Etc. Lots of enjoyable dreams.
CLARK: I hope there aren't any crimes, natural disasters, or fires tonight.

You know, I've been meaning to figure out a way for Luthor to know about Lois and Clark's activities in the honeymoon suite without him knowing about Clark's secret for a "Honeymoon Suite" story that's been in the works. Hadn't thought of them being put in during the "comped night."
LEX: It's called being sneaky.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.