Okay, I've got a break in my morning errands so now I can reply smile

Several of you were surprised at Clark suggesting a little B&E, probably especially because of their earlier spat about law-breaking... but I think he was feeling a little desperate -- and he never actually said that *he* disapproved, just that some people would, and then Lois got defensive and things went from there. Still, I'll look at clarifying that a little.

Sorry to have disappointed y'all with the tease about the hotel room... but anything else really didn't feel right. And yeah, Clark was a boy scout and requested two beds. Just in case. However... the night ain't over yet wink Not that there'd be much opportunity for hanky-panky if they're arrested! goofy

Thanks for highlighting some of the lines that made you laugh! I'm hoping this is a fun read.

Thanks, Karen, Jose, Maria, Saskia, Nqoir, Ursie, Rivka, Tank, Laura & Wendy smile for sticking with this! I appreciate all your comments.

Okay, on to part 9...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K