Clark took a teapot with freshly heat-visioned water back to his dining table.
thumbsup

“I still do major events, natural and manmade disasters with potential for lots of victims or damage, but I’m leaving the smaller day to day stuff to emergency personnel.”
hyper Wait, Lois wasn’t in the saddle before, either.

“I’m the reason Superman has cut back his rescues. He doesn’t want to do anything with Metropolis anymore. I pushed too hard,” she said.
Oh dear. Wouldn’t that be a fun story in the Star? Linda writing on how Lois cheated on Superman with both Lex and her writing partner. And possibly her sister and her lovers? And now Superman is moping with a broken heart, hoping to find a new love?

“He started pulling back, limiting his rescues because of me. I just know it. I just don’t know why he’s punishing me.”
Because he wouldn’t put out for her and then she went and went all Cat on Clark.

She could say that again. Superman had no reason to ‘punish’ Lois like some errant child. She had done nothing wrong.
He really can’t find fault, can he?

“He wants what you want, Lois,
So, Superman wants Clark, too?

“No, don’t repeat it, Chuck. You can tell that flying lunkhead, that he better not be sitting around moping instead of doing his job.
clap But his happy thought’s gone.

“He’s stubborn. You know for someone with super hearing, he’s deaf and dumb! You tell him, because he seems to listen to you, me getting shot wasn’t his fault!”
clap What Clark hears: “He’s a dumb oaf. You just tell him that. Getting shot was his fault. Getting spied at was his fault. Getting my period this morning was his fault.”

“You know, now that I think about it, it is all his fault,” Lois said, her voice so calm it was almost eerie.
clap

This could be a test. What would it take to push him too far? Did he truly love her? Or was he lying?
What is it that they call women who pay these sort of games?

“Am I interrupting anything?” he asked politely, given the hour and the fact he had called her at home.
/imagines Cat answering the phone while someone’s doing unspeakable things to her/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.