So, this is the one where one has to be weary to not cross over, huh?
Lois was hot, and not just under the collar.
/nods/

Everyone expected the temperatures to go down in September and October, not up, but this Indian Summer refused to leave.
Heatwave?

“How can you wear a jacket and tie in this heat?”
CLARK: The shirt and suit aren’t too bad. It’s the spandex undies that are uncomfortable.

She glared at him. “Well, I am. I’d do anything to cool off.”
How about stripping down to her bra and panties and using a wet towel to cool off?

“Hey, do you remember when Superman blew in that rainstorm to help put out the fires from the Toasters in the West River district?”
No. He did?

“Do you think he should bring another storm to town?”
/nods/

“I don’t know, Lois, messing with Mother Nature and all.”
Mess with Lois. Mess with Mother Nature. Mess with Lois. Mess with Mother Nature.
[Linked Image]
I don’t think we actually have a scales smilie.

Failing that, I’m going home for a cold shower.”
Oooooh!

Clark made a garbled sort of noise and loosened his tie, as he rose to his feet.
drool And no, I did not even think about the word ‘rain shower’. Why should I? Lois mentioned taking a cold shower. Which would imply nakedness. Why would anyone think ‘rain shower’ in that context?

“You weren’t joking about the heat making people change, Lois,” he said with a gulp.
Ribbit. Ribbit.

Her partner should have known she was talking about the rain shower.
[Linked Image] You’re a tease, Lois. That’s naughty. drool

A cool breeze blew across her chest, letting Lois know how exactly wet she had gotten.
So, drenched?

She continued to jump from puddle to puddle down the block, giggling like a school girl playing hooky.
Oh dear. Did Clark get the one with the Space Rat stuff inside?

Clark stood on the landing by the front door, dry under the overhang.
wave

He shook his head. “I don’t want to get wet.”
I’ll bet. White shirt. Blue suit.

“Isn’t that why you’re here?” she teased. “To come into the shower with me?”
And now he knows.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.