This is an outstanding story, Corrina, and my only complaint is that it's over! You sustained the level of tension for Clark very well the entire time, both with the murder mystery and the general suspicion that Clark, against all logic and knowledge of the man, had shot a woman in the back of the head, along with the question of when Lois would learn/realize/be told The Secret. And you handled Lana's situation with as much gentleness as you could, too.

I can totally imagine Clark suggesting that he be Lana's advocate and root for her to get easy treatment because of her "situation." I'm not sure I could get on board with that, because taking a human life is not something "normal" people do well - reference the number of post traumatic stress disorder patients who return physically whole from combat. She will surely need to be watched for the rest of her life, because the news of Lois getting together with Clark for real isn't something she'd take lightly.

Like so many others, I loved the reverse reveal ("Go on, Clark, fly your parents home so we can talk.") Lois pulled on Clark. And I'm glad she was able to work out both that he had been trying to tell her the secret and that the delay in the reveal was partly (but not totally!) her responsibility. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more than an epilogue from this retelling of Mayson's passing, but I understand if the muses are nudging you in a different direction.

Definitely a Kerth-worthy tale, Corinna! You are to be congratulated. I wish I could write WAFFy stuff as easily as you seem to. Well done!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing