he had started calling her Peg or Peggy,
laugh

They had each written section of the code and then brought it together.
[Linked Image]
You do that in pair programming not each one for his own.

Jimmy looked over the finished product and said, “It won’t work, Peg.”
He really doesn’t want to finalize the bond, does he?

“I’m not sure I like someone editing my code.”
Just like his mom. drool

They were sharing music and sometimes playing either against each other as opponents in First Person Shooter games but more often as teammates taking on all comers. As a team they were almost unbeatable.
Wait, what now? Are you telling me they spent four years in college in a platonic relationship *and* didn’t date other people either? Oh boy. Jimmy really mucked up, didn’t he?

“Like I’ve said, I want to get a position with an IT firm. You’ve been talking about starting your own business. Maybe you’d hire me?”
Awwwww

In the center of the quad there was a fountain with a statue of the school’s mascot over it.
Awwwwww

“Peg, we’ve been together now for four years. I don’t know about you, but, I feel that we’ve gotten pretty close, if fact, I can’t image getting this close to anyone else. Now, we’re going to be graduating and going our separate ways.”
Umm…Jimmy? Might you want to rephrase that one? [Linked Image]

Jimmy blurted out, “You don’t understand, Peg, that’s not what I want. I don’t want you to work *for* me. I want you to be my partner.”
Awwwwww… He wants her to partner his business with him so he doesn’t have to ask his father for a loan.

He let out a choked laugh. He said, “Peg, you don’t understand. I want you for my *partner*. But, not in my business.”
[Linked Image]

She was puzzled, “Wait a minute, that doesn’t compute. Where did that else statement come from? How could we not work together if we’re partners?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.