Lois's hand burrowed into Clark's again. She lifted her head high and marched them past the pointing, speculating crowd. She unlocked his door, hustled him inside, and shut it firmly.
Love how she's taking care of him.

"It's not because I think you're a flight risk; I don't. But I do think the team of Lane and Kent needs to be together for a while. I've hardly seen you in a week."
Awww!

But she hadn't expected the moment in the cab - the moment when he'd allowed her to glimpse his desperate need to know what she believed regarding Mayson's death. The last time he'd been so vulnerable, so open, so unguarded, she'd rejected him
frown

But, unless he stated outright that he wanted her to leave him, Lois was going to stick with him
Good girl, Lois!

"Not about whether you killed Mayson," Lois said quickly. "But I think we should use this opportunity to share what we know. I'm sure that, together, we'll be able to find answers."

"Lane and Kent," he muttered.
Precisely!

"And it seemed possible he was trying to say that ... that Clark ... He seemed to be hinting that Clark ... might not be himself exactly."
frown

"He said *Clark* might hurt me?" Lois hissed, trying to keep her voice down.
Yeah, I don't see this as swaying her at all.

Had the entire world lost its mind?
We're in Bizzaro World?

She'd investigated on his behalf. Wolfe had said he'd received 'new information'. Clark had no doubt it had been Lois who had uncovered that new information, brought it to Wolfe, and demanded he consider it.
Yup. Smart boy!

Would he have them for Lois?
That's what I'd like to know. :p

He had to tell her. He owed her that much.
Oooh!

But the time had come. He had to tell her he was Superman.
OOOOOOH!

What was Clark hiding?

How was Superman involved?
<snicker>

Clark was staring vacantly ahead. "They think I murdered her," he said. "They believe I could do that."
frown

Pregnant? The word resonated around Lois's mind as her heart gave up the tiny seed of hope it had been nurturing. Whatever his feelings, Clark would never abandon the woman carrying his child.
Oh, Lois!

"Because I don't love her. I will never love her."
<watches Lois' heart do a happy dance> dance

"About you. About what I said."
Oh no. Now he's going to think that she thinks he killed Mayson.

"Open up," came the harsh cry from the other side of the door. "Police. Open up."
eek

"The murder weapon," Henderson replied tightly. "With Clark's fingerprints."
eek

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon