Everyone liked the punchline!

Laurach:
Very cute but I wish the story would continue. Laura
KateB

A very cute story, great punchline. Maybe a sequel, please?
Artemis:

Cute story with a good punchline!
Thank for saying the story was cute. What can I say? It's been a long hot summer. The thought had occured to make the story longer, but for now this is in a holding pattern. Sorry. frown

Deadly Chakram:

Why do I see her as needing the first aid tent after playing the part of Lois Lane: Bringer of Fire?
Oooh what a cool idea for a story title!!!!

Kenj:

Oh how I can identify with this one. We have red ant mounds all over down here.

It wasn't the long ago I got nailed by them when I was trimming a crape myrtle tree in my yard. Nasty little buggers.

Poor Lois, she would be lucky if she could put her shoes on after that.
I remember my wilder younger days in Ft. Myers, Naples and Ft. Lauderdale - and so do my feet! Eek!

HappyGirl:

Nicely done, Morgana. And a clever little punchline at the end. I always cheer for Lois when she lets her usually keen BS-detector work on Lex.
Yeah, it always amazed me how she completely turned off all the warning signs concerning Mr. Luthor.

Angelsgmaw:

Good story. Lois sees the creepyness in Lex, so maybe she will also see the sexyness in Clark. She needs to speed things up a little, and this story is one step in the right direction.
Clark is sexy and Lex is powerful...in a creepy way!

Christina:

I always held the belief that Lois at least was keen to how he reacted to her romantically and was able to pick that sort of stuff apart. That the BS-detector was focused on that meant the other stuff slipped by her (at least that's how I saw it.)
Exactly. This event took place only a couple of months after Clark arrived. They have a pleasant relationship at this point, so she's not confused about her feelings for Superman, hence her instincts can smell Lex's nonsense a mile away!

Mouserocks:

Well done, Morgana! Very cute-- and I loved the punchline too! Snake in the grass...
Thanks Mouse! Much appreciated!

Lynn S.M and VirginiaR:

The punchline fits Lex's perfectly. Yes, Ms. R, they were carefully polite insults, something Lex executes quite nicely.

Corrina:

This Lois is nicer, smarter and more relaxed than some of what we saw from her in S1. Good job, Morgana.
Coming from you my friend that is high praise indeed. Thank you.

Lois_Lane_Fan:

Loved seeing Clark save Lois and Lois realize there was something wrong with Lex.
Oh yeah, Clark can be my Knight in shining armour ANYTIME!!! thumbsup

Thanks you one and all for loving the ants! We really need to give a shoutout to Mrs. Mosley for suggesting this awesome summertime challenge! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.