A taste of Chapter 9, part 10...

Lois and Penny walked along the path to the auditorium.

“It was so sweet of Clark to volunteer to stay home with Lara, so you could come to this lecture with me,” said Penny.

Lois raised a brow. Penny had an annoying habit of describing her husband as ‘sweet’. “He and Jimmy are watching the game.”

“Still, if there was an emergency, he wouldn’t be able to leave.” Penny sighed.

Again, Jimmy was there, Lois thought, wishing she could defend her husband out loud. Instead, she said, “Really, Penny, you’ve got to stop believing this ridiculous notion that my husband moonlights in blue tights.”

Penny shook her head. “Right, Lois. Good try. I don’t know why you guys won’t just admit to me what I already know to be true.”

Time for a change of subject. “What interests you in Bruce Wayne?”

Penny sighed again. “You mean, besides the fact that he’s dreamy?”

Lois controlled the impulse to gag. “Did you tell Jimmy who was hosting tonight’s lecture?”

Penny blushed. “No. I just told him the subject ‘Women in Technical Fields.’ After that, I could have told him Brad Pitt was dancing a naked hula and he wouldn’t have heard. Did you tell Clark?”

Oh, definitely not. “Let’s just say the topic didn’t come up. What he doesn’t know, won’t kill him.”

Penny seemed surprised. “I thought you told each other everything.”

“He doesn’t really like Bruce Wayne,” Lois admitted.

“Really? Why not?”

Lois wished she could tell Penny it was because Bruce was a pig, but Clark had expressed dislike of the man before she even went on that sham interview. “That’s exactly what I’d like to know,” she finally replied.

“Bruce Wayne seems so genuine.”

Lois was beginning to wonder which screw in Penny’s head had come loose.
Please post feedback here. hyper

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.