Sorry for the late posting. I guess, technically, it's Monday morning. My apologies. I got home later than expected. Part 8 will post as usual on Tuesday (or late Monday night). Here's a sneak peak:

A taste of Chapter 8, Part 8:

Clark sat down with his mother-in-law, who was reading a magazine. Lois was in the bathroom giving Lara a bath. He wasn’t quite sure how to broach the subject, but he had to say what he had to say while Lois was out of earshot.

“Lois needs to go back to work, Ellen,” he started, looking at his hands clasped together over his knees. “Staying home isn’t working out for Lois. She’s not herself.”

“Yes. Motherhood isn’t for everyone,” agreed Ellen.

“Lois is a wonderful mother,” Clark rebutted.

“She loves Lara. No doubt about that, but I loved my children, too, Clark. Some of us weren’t hardwired for women’s work: cooking, cleaning, Mommy-and-me classes, for the isolation of motherhood. She takes after me in that way.”

This conversation was not heading in the direction he hoped. He would never compare Lois to her mother in or out of her hearing. Clark cleared his throat. “She needs something to wrap her brain around.”

Ellen looked him directly in the eyes. “And you want me to stay here and watch Lara while you’re both at work?”

Lois’s mother must have expected they would come to her.

Clark swallowed. “Lara isn’t like other children…”

“Sure, she is.”
Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.