MouseRocks: Thanks for the super long FDK! clap Glad you enjoyed my revert to A-Plot.

What?! Jack knows? *JACK*?! Quite the little twist.
Back in Part 5, Jack came up to Lois after Tempus and Wells left and asked what that was about. And Lois told him that they told her she was destined to marry a "super guy." He put one-and-one together...

Twists and turns at every corner in this chapter! Though I'd rather like to think that Jack's right about his crazy theories- it's not so far fetched that Perry wouldn't concoct it up. Then again, Perry's mentioned he's got a dislike for Jack, so maybe it is far fetched. Unless... /mind wanders away at the infinite possibilities/
Perry doesn't dislike Jack, he was just jealous that Alice went after the younger man while exposed to 'Revenge.' More of a male-ego / pride thing.

Speaking of which- how old was Lex at the time? I mean, I know Lex (or at least canon Lex) was some odd years older than Lois and Clark, but I didn't think he was exactly old enough to have blown up a newspaper in the seventies, though it depends too on when he became in charge of the company... then again, he's always had a bit of an evil streak. Who's to say that he didn't have an affinity for destroying things even at a young age? Lex as a child could have gone around blowing stuff up. Most of us played "house". Lex played "corporate takeover".
I'm sure this has been hashed out in a separate thread somewhere, but Lex is definately an OLDER man. First of all, Virtual Destroyed has Jaxon born in 1962, making him 34! Picture of Jaxon\'s bio listing his birthday
(which makes him 4 years older than Clark!) And since Jaxon's the younger brother of Lex Jr. (I'm assuming that Lex would name his FIRST son after himself.) L&C also discuss Lex's age at some point -- when Lex Jr shows up in VftP or IGYUMS -- So, ANYWAY, I assume that Lex is close to Perry's age for this fic, although if Perry turned 50 in 1994, Lex would definately have to be older than him, or started procreating much earlier. Hope that makes things more clear. laugh

Wow. Can that man *get* any creepier?? First starts looking through her laundry, now staking out her apartment and practically stalking her? And it's not like she can even get a super-security system!
Well, Nunk is a tabloid reporter, did you expect? clap

/slow motion runs to stop Clark/ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't do it, Clark! If there's one thing you shouldn't do, it's buy the tie!
And at first I thought you just didn't want him to shop at L.L. Emporium for Men (L.L. for Lex Luthor - I always thought he should have a clothing line. laugh )

Thanks again for the great comments.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.