YAY! You're posting at last!! goofy And then Lois's nervousness was very fitting. Loved her thought about finding a back way to getting to know Superman! wink

Lovely, lovely dinner date! And go Lois with her comment about why they were still in Metropolis! I see she's a little nervous about meeting Clark's parents... now, why do I think that she's going to be doing just that before very much longer? wink

Just a couple of very tiny nitpicks:

Eventually, he calmed down enough to begin thinking about practicalities. Lois wanted him to take her to dinner, so that's what he would do.
You have a tense switch in here; 'that's' should of course be 'that was'. For some reason, that seems to be quite a common error; I'm forever noticing it when GEing.

This just felt a little odd...
If it hadn't been for Toni Taylor, they might even have ended up getting a motel room. But then she'd discovered he was Superman -- and since then, she'd backed off somewhat.
Why would they have got a motel room? They were in Metropolis, so if they'd wanted to make love, why not go to his or her apartment? The idea of getting a motel room... maybe it's just me, but it feels kind of seedy. frown And not the kind of thing Clark would want to do, never mind Lois. But, as I said, maybe it's just me! huh

Waiting for Part 2 now!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*