wave

ASKING LOIS OUT
Can't be that hard, can it? Oh, wait, took Clark a whole season and a half. Or an episode and a half, depending on whether you go for success.

He wanted her to know that he saw her as far, far more than a colleague. Far more than a friend.

More even than a best friend.
clap

He’d decided to ask her for a date. To ask now. Today. This morning. First thing. Before the bustle of stories and work and bad guys and leads and sources could crowd into their lives.
Not to mention, before she gets kidnapped or he gets pulled into an earthquake.

Her steps were clipped. From the sound of her soles on the floor, she was wearing her brown shoes. They had only a half-inch heel, so there must be another reason for the brusqueness of her gait.
clap

He *dares* to lay a perfectly manicured hand
That's odd for a young twen selling coffee.

"Do I look like I want to be picked up? Do I look like a woman who would go out with a libido-infested ego masquerading as a man? Do I look like a woman who would find anything remotely interesting in a powdered, primped, puffed-up, pompous, pubescent playboy?"
Too bad Cat's no longer there to take the fall.

"No," Lois said. "I think I finally got across that I wouldn’t be going out with him if he were the last male in Metropolis."

Clark grimaced. "Is he hurt much?" he asked.
Clark!

"Only one small part of him. Actually, make that two – very small – parts of him."
Lois! Umm... couldn't that get her fired? Or arrested?

"You could tell him you’re going out with me," he suggested casually.
That's easy.

"Clark, that is very sweet of you, but you don’t need to ask me out just to keep the freshman fop from harrassing me."
/has mental image of great green scythe swinging at about a foot and a half above the ground

A few quiet words were needed.
Oh Clark.../shakes head/

Clark reached for his tie and loosened the knot.
Oh boy.

"Being of alien extraction, I’m guessing you’ve come for advice regarding Earth women." He winked. "You know, a few hints on how to ensure every encounter ends ... satisfactorily."
What *is* it with that kid?

"That’s OK," he breezed. "I enjoy the challenge. There’s nothing like a feisty female to separate the men from the boys."
Steve Stiffler?

"Do you remember Ms Lane’s reaction to your approach this morning?"
laugh

"Next time, it won’t be Ms Lane’s knee; it will be mine."
laugh

"Researching the local coffee shops with Lois?" Perry said sarcastically.
Well, it's an *important* mood piece and the sanity of city dwellers.

Attempt number two – fail.
I'm starting to sense a pattern...

Lois ... I want to ask you out ... on a date. Is there any chance you’d accept?
Hmm... this doesn't sound too good. Not too bad. But not good, either.

"ARRGGGH!" Lois shrieked.
Huh...

What a fun start!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.