This takes place a few days after 'The Smallville Connection '.
Ooooo fun!

“Ed, assuming Trask does have a way to hurt Superman, exactly how bad would the results be?” Freeman asked. “Are we looking at possible retribution from his people on New Krypton?”
No. Zara would shrug her shoulders. Nor would send a gift basket. And Trey, Trey would look and mumble and declare himself not competent. On the other hand, press retribution might be quite nasty, what with a Mad Dog hunting every government and non-government organization down, public and secret ones.

“A dream I had ten years ago,” Straker continued. “I dreamed that you and I were in Metropolis and there was a Superman and Trask succeeded in killing him. And one month later, the Earth has hit by an extinction-level-size meteorite because Superman wasn’t there to stop it.”
Fascinating.

It’s not going to miss, unless we happen to have a helpful Kryptonian around to take care of it for us.”
See? Always handy to have one of those around in case of earthquake, hostage situation, or ELE asteroids.

“In my dream, he knew and didn’t care. And that’s why I killed him.”
Ominous.

Looking forward to the rest. Oh, wait! laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.