Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 6, Part 7...

Lois’s jaw dropped. Mayson knew she wasn’t Lucy. “Excuse me?” she gasped.

“I’m not an idiot, Lois. Lucy would never have asked me any of these questions, because she’d know what Clark was thinking before he did.” Mayson chuckled. “Anyway, she would never have growled when Clark complimented me. She set the two of us up. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone – including him – that you’re impersonating her. I guess turnabout is fair play, since she impersonated you once.”

Lois shrugged, taking another bite of her salad. It had been worth a shot. “So, you think he’s just freaking out because he’s afraid to lose control? Afraid he might hurt me?”

This time Mayson’s mouth formed an O. “You mean I was right?” She laughed. “I was totally bluffing, Lois.”

Lois chuckled. “Ooops.” She took a sip of her drink.

“So, he made a move? I’m surprised. He seemed a bit shy of intimacy. Actually, I shouldn’t be surprised. You’re you!”

Lois’s brow came together. “What’s that supposed to mean? I’m me?”

Mayson shook her head. “Come on. He has a huge crush on you.”

Lois smiled. “Nice to know.” She liked Mayson. She knew she shouldn’t trust her as far as she used to be able to toss her, because she was Clark’s ex-girlfriend, but she liked her just the same. “So, how come you broke up with him?”

“Lucy didn’t tell you?” Mayson asked, surprised. “You’ve got to watch out for her. She’ll sabotage your relationship just trying to be helpful.”

“Been there.” Lois rolled her eyes and Mayson laughed. “We’ve got an understanding now.”

Mayson laughed harder with a shake of her head. “When I was in the hospital, Lucy came to me and told me that Clark was about to break up with me, because of the bombing, because he felt guilty that he couldn’t keep me safe. She told me not to accept it. Not allow him to break up with me. He needed me to be his hope.”

“Ah. And you did the opposite. If he was going to dump you, you’d get there first to shock him into not wanting to break up with you.” Lois sighed. “Been there, too. Doesn’t work with Clark, does it?”
Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 06:31 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.