Yea! Lynn, revenge on Tempus always fun! clap I can't understand Wells actually listening to Tempus or building him any sort of device at all though, not after the man keeps wreaking havoc all the time.

Wonder what the reference to the Congo had to do with anything? Was this alt-Clark? Did Tempus disguise himself as alt-Lois? No, that doesn't work, because Superman said "sir" and because Alt-Clark isn't Superman when Lois disappears in the Congo. Confusion... confused

One last question about this line:

Tempus did feel strength enter into him, but also an overwhelming pain. He crumpled to the ground, doubled over and screaming. His last thought before he blacked out was that Wells had tricked him. Not only did Tempus get Superman's powers, he also got his weakness: An allergy to his home planet -- in Tempus' case, to Earth.
If Tempus stole Superman's powers, i.e. like the Newtrich sisters, wouldn't that mean that Superman was no longer super? And now poor Clark Kent is stuck in the Congo with a dead man and no way to get home? And because Tempus died of Earth poisoning, there is no way to zap him again and give Superman back his powers.

Or am I overthinking this? Probably.

Enjoyed the story, Lynn. lol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.