Hi,

Great part. smile1

That was really the bottom line. She had managed to rebuild her life. And Clark had, as well. Only his rebuilding hadn’t included a wife, or even a girlfriend. It had been an exercise in living without her, making his life purposeful without her. She had…married. And now, there was a baby. The only way to possibly hurt him more.
Now, she finally get it. :rolleyes:

Lois moved to uncoil herself from where she was huddled tightly. As she did, a square black object caught her eye. It was wedged under the refrigerator. It was unmistakable. It was the device that controlled the window. It was broken into pieces.
They can fix the box. I hope so! eek

“You know something strange?” She waited until he looked at her. “I mean stranger than all of this other stuff? I think of the four of us, my Clark is the happiest. It doesn’t make sense. He falls in love with this woman from nowhere. He marries her. She leaves him and is replaced by a…grumpier, harder version of her, and he still seems…serene. I don’t get that!”

“I get it,” he smiled.

“Enlighten me, Clark Kent. If I can’t take advantage of your Clark Kentness to get some answers then this visit is a waste of my time!” She glowered at him.

“He loves you,” he said simply. “You’re his Lois.”

“Is it that simple, really?” she asked caustically. “Because from where I sit it feels anything but simple.”

“It is and it isn’t.”

“I hate answers like that,” she groaned.

“He loves you. I love her. She loves me. And you…?”

“Watch it,” she warned. “I do not…love…him. I…like him…a small amount.”

He laughed so hard tears came into his eyes. “I’m sorry,” he finally faltered. “But this is just like time travel, like going back and asking my Lois what she thinks of the Farmboy she’s been forced to work with.” He wiped his eyes and chuckled softly. “I like him a ‘small amount,’ he repeated under his breath.”
Beautiful! smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF