Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
I like all the little details you've thrown in, both from the show and from the year(s) between the end of the show and this story--like Clark writing an article to bring back the hawks or the bananas from 'Ordinary People.'

It's too bad that Clark lost his powers, though I was wondering how he could be captured with them. Now, however, I'm starting to get a bit worried. And what will happen to Lois?

Well, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, but...great beginning. I don't know anything about Xena, but I really like this opening.
Thank you Anti-K! Having Clark lose his powers was a necessary evil. Besides, it's always fun to write for a vulnerable Clark. And I really, really didn't want to bring Kryptonite into this - it would have been a little too much.

I do throw in little tidbits about Xena and her life in the following chapters. Hopefully it is enough to make the character/show concept really accessible.

Glad you liked the little throwbacks/details to the episodes. I think my mind was working in subconcious ways when I wrote the hawks in - I was actually thinking about the falcons that nest on the towers of one of the bridges where I grew up - but wrote hawks and realized much, much later that Lois and Clark were the Hawks in Just Say Noah. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon