Thanks to everyone that stuck with this story laugh . I know it wasn't as good as the first, but you all know how much I like writing about cool medical things wink .

The reason it only took a few months for them to concieve a child all relates back to serendipity. It was a happy, unexpected event. They knew it would happen, but they weren't sure when.

I didn't say what they did to win the Pulitzer because I didn't feel it was necessary. The message is that they did win, but it wasn't really important at this moment in time.

The reason they named their son after Herb is explained in the first story, I think.

I do need to go back and read the first story, don't I? I enjoyed this one so much, and appreciated you were doing something really original.
Thank you, CC! I am glad you think it's original. Everything mentioned in this story about the kryptonite vaccine and the fertility treatment was made up off the top of my head -- after a lot of chemistry, biology, biomedical engineering classes laugh . I still remember sitting in the atrium in Clapp Hall before the class I TA'd last semester jotting down equations like D+2Kr ----> death and the professor I worked for staring at me like I was crazy wink .

Thank you, everyone, for your support and wonderful comments! If anyone is still interested, I am currently in the process of plotting and writing the story about the alternate Lois and Clark. I am not promising anything, but I think it isn't just going to be one story. It is looking more like a whole series of stories. What can I say? That universe is complicated wink .

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve