"If anyone can find it, it's you," he said, his voice a bit stronger and more confident.
Lois - Clark's anti-Kryptonite. laugh

I understood that even though I had let him walk away from me, he still thought the world of me. He thought better of me than even I did, and that was saying something. Or it used to anyway. Now, almost everyone thought better of me than I did.
How very perseptive of you Lois! I love that she recognizes that she is still her own harshest critic.

Horror assailed me. I knew the feel of Clark. He had walked me to my place a hundred times, and a few of those times, he had tentatively slipped an arm around my shoulders, relaxing only when I would signal my acceptance of the gesture by looping my arm around his waist. Due to an embarrassing accident, I knew what Clark looked like without his square suits, and he felt much the same way--solid, steady, firm.

Or he had.

I suddenly knew that no matter how much I had tried to deny it, Clark had been held here for an entire month. He must have been in order to lose so much body mass, to lose so much of his strength.
mecry mecry mecry mecry

Why had I held onto my anger that he had gone to find happiness without me, helping Superman wherever he had ended up and stealing my place at the superhero's side?
I love this line, particularly "stealing my place at the superhero's side."

I did blame him. For a while, I had hated him. He had made me need him, and then he had left me alone. Two men had promised to be around whenever I needed them, and they had both walked away without a backward glance regardless of the fact that I still needed them.
And yet you STILL can't put one and one together? Lois, honey, you are slipping. :p

Funny. I didn't think I'd ever seen him without them; I couldn't even picture him without them.
Try to Lois!

That misconception lasted only until the door was yanked open with the screeching of abused hinges and Clark let out a breath that was almost a whimper. He pulled me with him as he backed desperately away from the door, his spine thudding painfully into the corner of the cell, his arms locked around me.
mecry mecry mecry mecry

OMG! Evil, evil Lex! But cool that he gave so many bald clues to Lois about Clark right at the end there. I hope she was lucid enough to really hear him.

Great chapter. Post again soon - you're killing me as surely as the Kryptonite is killing Clark!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon