wow, you're posting PFK! smile1

i haven't been reading very much these days (some fluff, BRing non-l&c stuff for a few good writers who happen to be friends, and some stories for the archive keyword project), but when i saw PFK was up, i had to go see.

i'm really glad i did.

you really know how to make sparks fly between them, don't you?

then, just as we're really used to things being all sweet and waffy and stuff, you bring in superman. the robe line was a great touch. more, tho, i love the interaction... clark's fear, lois's changed feelings, clark's self-admonition and determination...

i especially like this:

He couldn’t do it this way. Not just because he was scared, but because she deserved to hear this from her boyfriend, not a near stranger.
i like it all the more because, shortly before i read it, my eyes caught the fact that he said simply "thank you" and then left. i was afraid he'd chickened out, but that is a darned good reason, and very insightful, too. it's also original (in my reading experience, anyway), and that's not easy these days when it comes to revelations.

otoh (in terms of clark being insightful and such), there's this:

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I don’t mean to scare you.” He looked into her eyes for a moment before leaning forward and capturing her lips in a sweet kiss. "You're going to hate me for that in a minute," he said softly as he pulled away. "But I just wanted to kiss you one last time. Before I tell you this, just remember that I love you."
gee.. way not to scare her, clark. goofy

can't wait to see lois's reaction.

while i'm writing... a couple of very minor typeos and things:

She’d thought about asking him to stay a couple of time, just to hold her, but she’d felt strange about it.
i expect you meant "times."

She dropped the receiver into the cradle with a soft click, her eyes lingering one the phone for just another second before turning away
"lingering on"

i think there may have been one or two others (a few always get through...), but i can't seem to find them again. <shrug>

anyway, great to see you posting this! smile looking forward to more (and what do you mean, we only get 4 parts? goofy ).

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.