I can't help but be amazed at what Lex and Mayson have in common. Based on everything I see they share the traits of stupidity born of arrogance.

Lex is much more worldly but has still shown a tendency to underestimate his opponents. If Mayson had been just a little more lucky or clever, she what have both the - unfortunately for her, useless - rock, and knowledge that Lex was a criminal. She probably would have ended up dead quickly anyway, but it wouldn't have been so easy for Lex.

As for Mayson, you would have thought she would have learned of the consequences of dealing with dangerous people after her experience with Trask. Lex's "tip" about the gas leaks should have been enough for her to know what he was. If not, as soon as she found the rock gone, she should have realized what she was dealing with.

Mayson was smart but too arrogant to realize the danger Lex posed.

Same for Lex. Mayson was easy but trying to stab Superman with the sword gave away too much information about what kind of person he was to an enemy of unknown resources. That was a key strategic mistake.

Finally, I apologize for not leaving more feedback. I have been enjoying the story when I can stop by.

Bob