Clark! You are a COMPLETE MORON! What makes you think your life is more important than Lois' life? What right do you have to destroy her career just because you wanted to talk to her? Are your feelings more important than the livelihood of dozens of people? Are you that self-centered?

Sheesh. I could understand his stomping off in anger or slouching away in disappointment, but to stand there beside Lois and yell at her when she keeps telling him 'Not now!' is so very childish and immature! Martha is going to box his ears when he gets home, and I hope she uses Kryptonite gloves!

Well. Now that I have that off my chest, this was an excellent chapter. I really liked the role reversal as Clark discovers Lois' secret identity and gets unreasonably angry. If he loved her - I mean really loved her - he'd let her explain on her own terms and in her own time without pulling open her shirt and yanking off her wig. So he's got some serious explaining to do.

Of course, so does Lois, and she doesn't have any time to set up something. I think she should just go ahead with the planned show as herself, right after she explains that she didn't want to trade on her mother's legacy and that she wanted to make it on her own. And Perry should take Clark aside and explain to him that he's a thick-headed numbskull with delusions of humanity, assuming Chloe lets him live.

Of course, now that we have this out of the way, we can get to the heart of Clark's insistence on staying on the farm - he's afraid. And Lois may belong on stage or in college or in the studio, but she definitely does not belong on the Kent farm, even if Roscoe is pining for her. He's going to have to step out of his cocoon and blossom, and he can't force Lois to do or be anything just to please him.

The scene with the fence falling apart when he gets distracted was pure genius. It signifies that his life - which he's been trying to hide from - isn't at all stable and can be destroyed by any little distraction. It's both analysis and foreshadowing.

Oh, by the way, I really like this story! I've missed it and I'm ready for the next chapter. You have to make up for all the time we've spent waiting, you know.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing