When I first read the list of cars, I thought, "Why in the name of Carroll Shelby does he have a dumpy old '51 Studebaker?!?" The last Studebaker I remember seeing on the road was a rusty old pickup straining to do forty on the Interstate. But then I googled it and found that the Land Cruiser and Champion were both excellent cars made that year by Studebaker, and either one of them would find a good home with Clark. Here\'s a page relating one person's adventure with a Land Cruiser (includes lots of pictures!) Cool-looking car.

Someone needs to throw some cold water on these two. They've only known each other a few days, and they're both practically tripping over their tongues and forgetting to breathe. Not a promising beginning for their long-term prospects. They need to slow down a little and get to know each other better. They each need to see the other lose their respective cool and hear the other say those eight magic words.

I was wrong.
I'm sorry.
Please forgive me.
I have told my kids many times that if the person you're thinking about spending the rest of your life with has never said those words (or something equivalent) to you, either that person's not ready to be your life-long mate or you don't know each other well enough yet. Lois and Clark need to see each other in the worst light possible and still see the positive parts of each other.

And somehow, I think this weekend trip will provide some very real opportunities to do just that. Can't hardly wait to see what happens next.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing