Thanks everyone! Like I said, this was a new style for me, so kind of a risky venture. I liked that it was flow-able, if that makes sense. That made it possible to finish quickly, so I might have to try it again one day. I know that in most cases overabundant use of 'he' and 'she' should be avoided, but I think we all knew who those characters were wink

I really enjoyed all the comments- I think those are probably the most effective bribes if any!

I'm glad that the subtleties worked- I never followed one tangent for too long (i.e. Perry White the owl as Ann noted), but there are all sorts of other stories mixed in.

Speaking of Perry- this was kind of vague, but I figured he wasn't really known yet. Maybe he's not EIC at The Planet, or maybe he's not even at The Planet- I don't know. I also borrowed from the Smallville version where Lois's first job was not at The Planet either. As Clark observes, their first meeting is all kinda mystical and foreshadow-y, as if Perry's been following her trajectory and is patiently awaiting the time when the stars will align.

And just to be clear- Claude's intervention was a lot more benign in this story than we're used to. He got her story, but nothing else.

Okay, this was so much less angsty than the first part.
Angst? I never said there would be angst! smile

Thanks again wave

~sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles