I really liked this part. I felt so sorry for Clark when Lois mentioned his and Lex's name in the same sentence, then was so relieved -- and proud -- when Lois realized so quickly what she'd done and took steps to repair the damage. I love that she's not angry with him for keeping his secret, but rather keenly aware of how worried he is of being rejected. It makes me really like this Lois, and feel confident that Clark's heart is in good hands. She truly has his best interests at heart, and instead of trying to force the truth out of him, is doing her best to make him feel safe enough to tell her.

I found it a little sad that they can't enjoy dinner and dancing at a fancy restaurant together, though. I'm glad they found a way around it, that Clark found a way to bring "Caleb" back into the mix in Lois's living room. And I hope that Lois's distraction was mainly because she was trying not to let Clark's real name slip out and not because she was turned off by the Clark Kent sophistication -- that wasn't entirely clear to me, especially once she started thinking about how many other women he's dined and danced with.

Because, let's face it, even if Clark Kent isn't a playboy, he surely enjoys dressing up and going to fancy places from time to time. And that's not going to change, nor should it, just because he's also Caleb Knight, farmboy from Kansas. So if Lois continues to be uncomfortable being on his arm at a fancy function, I worry about her ability to really love and support Clark for all that he is. After all, Clark Kent is going to participate in fundraisers and movie premieres and book openings; it's his job and public relations is part of it. He's just going to do it with his steady girlfriend/wife on his arm, not a "beauty of the week".

So I really hope that Lois is able to truly appreciate and enjoy the Clark Kent side of him, as well as the Superman and Caleb Knight sides. Because if she can't, then everything Clark has been worrying about will come true.

More, please! I'm really enjoying seeing this play out!

Kathy smile