Well, there it is. I hope that I managed to do justice to the characters and the general question of, “What would Lois do if she got super powers permanently?” Of course, I framed this question in the universe of Luck and Consequences (LaC) and tried as hard as possible to remain within strict series continuity.

As for the ending, I just couldn’t resist. Those of you that are familiar with LaC know this whole journey began with Lois being distraught at not being able to have children with Clark. Whatever may follow, this is the proper end of the original story and the symmetry was too tempting.

I wish to thank all of you that left me feedback along the way. That feedback certainly changed the course of this story. There were many minor changes and a few less minor. In at least one case, I actually went back and changed a posted section based on this feedback. Some of the FDK-based changes will not be seen until the archive submission but I plan to work them in on the pre-archive pass. And, possibly most important, I love to hear what you think. I have *never* had any FDK that I did not appreciate. You all are the best audience imaginable!

This was an odd story for me. Most of my works have jumped out at me fully formed. This one didn’t work that way. When I started writing this story, my notes ran less than a page long. (My notes for the original LaC went on for over 5 pages and the notes for my next effort currently run 21 pages.) It took months to find the story and, when the first draft was complete, I almost set it aside as simply “not good enough”. However, each time I looked at it again I came to the same two opinions.
1. This is the story that I wanted to tell.
2. Despite some obvious weaknesses, I liked the story.
So, it finally saw the light of day. I knew from the very beginning this was going to be basically a lightweight/fun piece and hopefully it succeeds on at least that level.

I have no plans for any sequel. I learned two lessons while bringing this story together.
1. I should not try to use first-person, present tense again in something this size unless my writing skills improve. (And, for the atrocities against the English language that I have committed in the creation of this work, I am truly sorry.)
2. Make sure that my notes support the whole story before committing to write it.
Right now, I have absolutely no idea what would be in a sequel. However, if a story shows up, I’ll write it.

Finally, I have to pay tribute to my conscripted beta-reader for this work. My wife Beverly has been both patient and supportive as well as helping with spelling, tense and word choice. Describing the Lois and Clark relationship is so easy when I have my own soul mate providing inspiration along the way.

Again, thank you all so much for sharing this journey with me.

Bob