Best shot is right, Terry. Poor Christie. What a tin ear for people, both Lucy and Johnny. What in the world made her think that a woman who had just tried to slap her silly would be open to a business proposition? She's obviously never heard of the concept of choosing your timing.

Christie has met a sad but predictable end. And Lucy is now a suspect if she left any prints at all in that apartment.

The one issue I had was Christie's reaction to Lucy's attacks. In my experience, people like Christie aren't usually so self-aware. They're more likely to defend themselves and stay in deep denial than to come to their senses and resolve to change their ways. I think if she's going to have a turn-around like that you might want to lay a little more foundation for it, some reason for us to believe that she is capable of repentance. It does make her death all the more tragic, though I wouldn't have held out much hope for her making good on her intentions even if she had lived.

Terrific description of Christie's POV of the attack. (It doesn't seem right to put a thumbs-up here, since that's way too cheerful for a gory murder. Great job with a horrible scene, if that makes any sense.)

And, assuming that it was Johnny who was doing the bludgeoning, it shows exactly what Toni has been warning about all along: Johnny losing his temper and creating, literally, a bloody mess.

Great part, looking forward to more. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.