Thanks for the kind comments, y'all!

Iolan, I like Knopfler's playing. I was surprised to see in the music credits for "The Princess Bride" that he was the musical director and had written much of the score. Did you or anyone else get Lucy's comment about going "Pete Townsend" on Christie's head? Pete was the guitarist for The Who and was one of the first to smash his guitar onstage.

C-mom (your full screen name contains an HTML reserved word and the board won't let me write it out), sounds like you have a lot going on in that venue. But that's typical for a small place with a limited budget. Been there, done that, ate the cheap meals and smelled the burnt coffee.

Ann, I have no idea if Mark has a dinosaur named after him! That's the first time I recall hearing anything about it. It would be neat, though.

Happygirl, sorry to trick you with the title. I intended to refer to the band's name, not the style of music. I didn't even think about Alabama until Karen mentioned it in earlier feedback.

I had intended to describe Clark and Linda as rookies at the Planet, not rookies to reporting or journalism. I hope that's clear from now on. If not, I'll go back and see what I can do to fix it.

As for the rest of your questions, RAFO!

Shamika is from Mississippi, and folks down there talk like that. Just because she doesn't use proper grammar, that doesn't mean that she's stupid. Far from it. All of these ladies are intelligent and talented. Besides, this makes it easier to tell when Sham be talking.

And I'm glad Wanda surprised you. More surprises coming up (I hope).

Sarah, glad you're reading! Thanks for commenting.

Female Hawk, thanks for commenting. Nice contrast between Linda and Lois. And yes, Clark can't help but notice Lois no matter the universe, or so it seems.

Next part up in minutes!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing