“Oh, I wish we had a bug at that table,” Henderson finally muttered.

“Maybe Kent does?” Gomez asked hopefully.
goofy

Clark gathered the needed bottles and returned to the bar on the reverse path. Suddenly, the band, which had been playing soft jazz, struck up the fanfare again
Ouch dizzy

She cast a gesture and a wink at Luthor. Could she be more obvious about…something? Clark hoped steam wasn’t coming out of his ears.
Jealous that the little showgirl makes big eyes at the billionaire?

Clark was astonished to see that at the words “Metro Club”, all three guys turned white as sheets and Second Guy threw the wallet down on the ground and pleaded “Forget it. We weren’t here. We’re ghosts.” With that, the trio turned and fled deeper into the alley.
Why am I suddenly hearing mob-tunes.

That person was Lois Lane, a reporter for the Daily Planet. Why hadn’t he recognized such a prominent person? Then he remembered that the Daily Planet didn’t print pictures or sketches of its reporters to preserve their anonymity for undercover work.
At least until they become so famous that one marries a world-renowned philanthropist and the billboards with their faces sell more papers than the stories they write :p

An undercover reporter looking into doings at the Metro Club and most likely targeting Lex Luthor.
Lex Luthor? Why? huh

jump

Liked the expansions on the Metro-stuff and the cops are fun laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.