Wow, thanks for the kind words and ... woohoo for hooking more readers!

Pam - thanks for starting the FDK thread. I'm thrilled that you're reading and am glad to hear that this AU is interesting to you. I still blame, er give credit to Patrick...

Carol - thanks for reading and laughing in the right place. This was actually the easiest part to write because I could totally see and hear Lois and Clark's interaction here. Stay tuned for the investigation.

Robinson - I'm happy to hear that the story is getting better. The pacing of the story was one concern of mine, since there's a bit of an ebb/flow to the remaining chapters. I'd be interested in hearing whether it continues to work.

Terry - Thanks for the rec. Oh, and you're right about Major Domo - I stole him from "Tempus Fugitive" and promoted him. wink
This is vintage Mad Dog Lane.
...and she still has time to get a little breathless in the nimbus of his smile.
drool

There will be a little more of Clark's reaction to Lois arrival in his life, but probably not in the way you were thinking. As for inviting Lex's wrath and/or Bureau 39.... RAFO
evil

Kathryn - Thanks for the comment. Yes, Lex has become a little careless and hasn't caught on to Lois. We'll hear more from him, but not yet.

Bob - Yay me! I'm glad that you'll be sticking around. Your comments are very appreciated.
I especially enjoyed Lois's defensiveness about being Lex's wife and being deceived. Then Clark paid her the ultimate complement
I'm glad you quoted this part because I felt the same way. Clark is just what she needs right now.

If nothing changes (based on feedback or other edits), there will be 18 parts to the story (including a short epilogue). Stay tuned - I'll try to get part 5 up today.

Brenda