Nice chapter, Nancy!

Maybe I've been worrying that Lois would be tempted to be unfaithful to Chad, and that is why I appreciated this sweet morning scene:

“Good morning,” Chad said as he crawled into bed the next morning.

“'Morning,” I replied sleepily. “What time is it?”

“About seven,” Chad yawned in my ear.

I had another fifteen minutes before I had to get up and I scooched backwards until we were spooning.
smile

But then poor Lois has to answer questions about Clark:

“Did you have a good night?” Chad asked me and I felt myself stiffen slightly at his words. I had promised Clark I would not tell Chad, but it was weird to have a secret from him.

“Clark stopped by,” I said. “He's… having some trouble adjusting to life here.”
Poor Lois! I wish she could tell Chad.

And then Clark comes by. There were many details there that were lovely, such as Clark teaching Chad how to chop vegetables super-fast without chopping his fingers off. And wow, Clark told Chad that he can speak three hundred languages? Personally I think that is a super-human ability. Maybe that was a way for Clark to start Chad thinking, and help him figure out on his own that Clark is Superman?

But I think Chad's reaction to Superman was not what Clark had wanted. Chad seemed to idolize Superman, which must make Clark uncomfortable. And Chad talked about using science to find out what makes Superman tick! That must have scared Clark a lot. Then again, maybe Chad has a point?

“He's a person, Chad. Not a science experiment,” I said, trying to keep my voice light and somewhat teasing.

“Of course not,” Chad said, seeming to come out of his daydream. “I'm not talking about tying him up in a dark room and giving him an anal probe or something. More like random experiments to answer questions he has. I mean, don't you think Superman has all sorts of questions about this, too?
And the fact that Chad works as a doctor makes it possible for him to understand what it might be like to be Superman and have to save everybody.

Chad is obviously such a nice guy, and it was great seeing Chad and Clark become friends and spend time in the gym together. And I loved seeing Chad tease Lois and eat some of the pretzels he had given her! sloppy

Ann