Hollywood movies notwithstanding, scientists are generally responsible people, and if presented with evidence the LHC is causing serious harm would shut it down without hesitation. It would be a shame for Clark to damage an incredibly expensive piece of scientific equipment when it still needs to be nailed down that the LHC is in fact the cause of the problem (though that seems to be the leading theory at the moment). Even if it has to be shut down permanently (which would have a terrible impact on an entire field of physics research), they need to determine what's causing this effect so that it doesn't happen again in another context.

I'm sorry to see Clark's good deeds stirring up a hornet's nest; I hope it doesn't put him off the idea of being Superman. He really needs to make a lengthier public statement so that people understand his good intentions. Maybe Lois can interview him on CNN. Agent White might actually approve as a way of calming things down.

Thankfully, this is the L&C Lois, not the Margot Kidder Lois, so it would be a good interview rather than "I Spent the Night With Superman." wink