Argh -I had a post almost written and screwed it up somehow...

Anyway...

Clark asked for Lois' help and she gave it willingly. She was there when Clark couldn't be [the attack]. The 'mother' thing was wrong, but unintentional and she's tried to make it right, but 3yos can be stubborn [believe me - I have one turning 3 tomorrow]. Now Clark is yanking her out of Jory's life because of a conversation he partially overheard [kind of like unsubstantiated rumors... the best kind :rolleyes: ].

As for Lois being Jory's mother... Ann, you're right, there's no reason why she can't be - but in appropriate circumstances. She's not. Jory doesn't know [I hope], that he's an imperfect clone of Clark. If she were married to Clark - or even dating or engaged, that would be one thing. But now, she's a coworker and maybe friend and 'mom' shouldn't be her role at this point. I don't think anyone's saying that she COULDN'T be, but at this point, I don't think it's appropriate. A caring female in his life - yes. Mom - no. Mom implies permanence even if a divorce happens or whatever, Mom is still Mom and that's simply not the case at this point, I don't think.

More soon please smile .
Carol