Good to see you back with this, Mercy!

As always, I can share Lois's anger at not having been let in on Clark's secret. I loved how you had Jonathan explain to Lois that he had had a lot to do with Clark's secrecy:

Jonathon smiled, but it seemed forced. "I've always been the one telling Clark to hide his powers. Just like that ship, I tried to bury every part of Clark that made him special."
That's a very powerful metaphor. I love it.

For all of that, though, I'm glad that Lois didn't forgive Clark that easily:

"I'm glad you know, too." Superman appeared in the doorway to Clark's bedroom. He gave a tight smile. "I'm so sorry."

Lois shook her head. Words of forgiveness were on her lips, but when she opened her mouth, they stuttered on her tongue.
That kind of deliberate, ongoing deceit shouldn't be forgiven that easily. Clark should have to make it up to her.

But now I'm so interested in seeing how the little kid Kal fits into all this! I still don't understand where exactly he came from and how he can exist in the same part of spacetime as adult Clark. But never mind. I want to know what is going to happen to the kid, and how he will affect Clark and Lois! Does he actually believe that adult Clark is his father?

Kal peaked his head over his mom's shoulder to see who Lois was talking to. "Jor-El?" His voice sounded excited as he jumped out of Martha's lap and ran around the couch. He stopped short of the imposing figure in blue and red, staring up dubiously. "Jor-El?”
Wow. This is getting complicated. Actually, Kal, he is not your father, but rather it is you who are the father of him. Well, William Wordsworth said it: The child is the father of the man.

MY HEART LEAPS UP WHEN I BEHOLD
By William Wordsworth (1770-1850)

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.
Come back soon with more, Mercy!