An intriguing beginning. I'm not quite sure of the tie-in between the Cardinals and Intergang, if any. But I'm sure we'll find that out soon. Is the target of the Cardinals Superman? He always seems to be the likely target, but maybe Luthor is the target.

How did Luthor survive the cave-in? When you mentioned that L&C were engaged but not yet married, I figured this was before the ARGH! But with the mention of the clone and the memory loss, this had to be afterwards. So how did Lex end up surviving the cave-in? Maybe it's just discontinuity with the TV series since Nigel's supposed to be dead, killed by Jace Mazik. But here he is with Luthor.

Nice WHAM to end this part. So what did Lois drop? My bet is on the new heart-shaped pendant Clark bought for her, though I'm not sure why she'd be wearing it while in her Tae Kwan Do outfit. But that makes sense if she's afraid someone else would find it before Clark does.

Does Clark find the pendant before some really angsty introspection? Since I'm a big fan of that, hopefully he doesn't figure it out TOO soon. But then again, this story is only in three parts, so he has to figure it out pretty soon.

Look forward to Part 2! thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin