Enter Superman [Linked Image] to save the day! And I must admit I didn't expect you to take the story this direction. I think I was nearly as surprised as Lois, Martha, and Johnathan to see Herb show up! Although I was cheering instead of getting angry.

OK, the story comments:

Dr. Dunn entered the room at that moment. “Good, you’re awake, Ms. Lane.” The doctor sighed tiredly as he shut the door behind him and sat down in a chair, his eyes settling on everyone in the room. “Look, I wish that I had good news, but Clark’s condition is deteriorating. We’ve put him on a ventilator, and at this point, it’s the only thing that’s keeping him alive. He won’t likely regain consciousness, and soon his vital organs, such as the liver and kidneys, will shut down.” The doctor paused, and Lois sensed that he was giving them a moment of silence to think about what he’d said. “I know how difficult this must be for all of you. I know how difficult this is for me, and I’m only his doctor. But I must tell you that by keeping him on the ventilator, we’re only prolonging the inevitable—prolonging his suffering.”
[Linked Image]OK, I'll admit it--this whole section had me fighting back tears. The thought, as a parent, of having to "pull the plug" as Lois put it is just heart rending.

You did a beautiful job of coveying Lois' feeling though this section.
Lois swallowed past the lump in her throat as her eyes took in his pale face.

He would never open his beautiful eyes again.
As soon as the crisp early morning air hit her face, Lois closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. Tomorrow would dawn in only a few hours, and Clark wouldn’t make it long enough for one last sunrise.
OOOH please hold on until the sun can cast it's healing magic on you Clark--It's always worked in the past. [Linked Image]

She realized that it was the only way, though. “I can get it. Lex has a chunk of it in his safe,” Lois told him. “But I’m not going to let you go through this alone. I want to be present, so you can…you know, squeeze my hand, or whatever else you might need. You’re doing this to save Clark, it’s the least I can do.”

“Thank you, Lois. I can take you there now to get it.”

Lois nodded, and he scooped her up. She settled into his arms, and he carried her over to the window of Clark’s room with ease and familiarity. As they took off through the window together, it dawned on Lois that he must fly with his Lois often.
smile1 Hold on Clark, help is on the way.

Wonderful.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--