Crystal, thank you so very much for staying with this tale through thick and thin! It's the most tender portrayal of Mayson Drake I've ever read. (There may be a better one somewhere I haven't seen, of course, but somehow I doubt it.) And I'm pretty sure this story is going places you didn't plan to go originally, but I'm glad you're paying attention to your muse.

This is also the most sympathetic picture of Dan-call-me-Daniel Scardino that I've seen. You've given him depth and breadth and taken him from being a distraction to being a real person with tangible feelings and more compassion than I would have thought possible. Congratulations!

Ann, "Third grade called" refers to the previous comment being suitable for an eight-year-old child. Playground teasing, as it were.

I'm not an exclusive shipper. I just like ships. I even enjoyed (if that's the right word) seeing Titanic in the theater with my wife, especially when she leaned against my shoulder and quietly sobbed for all the people who were dying in the frozen Atlantic. Anyway, I'm so glad that Mayson seems to be learning that while Clark may be unattainable, Dan isn't, and he might even be better for her than Clark, who is totally hung up on Lois whether Lois knows it or not.

So Mayson is going to put herself back in the crosshairs, eh? And Bill Church is more than willing to accomodate her. Will she learn the truth about Superman? Will she even survive the next attempt on her life? Will Dan be jealous of Clark? (Something of a role reversal there.) And it's interesting that you've chosen to re-tell the story in the third person/present tense. That's not an easy task, but I'm willing to believe that you're up to it.

I know I'm going to be here for the next chapter! Soon, please, very soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing