Hmm, interesting comments by all.

To Terry: Yes, everyone is acting out of character in this fic. I was mostly just interested in putting forth a scenario and seeing what other people thought of it. cool

I had a very difficult time for myself deciding whether or not something like this would constitute adultery or not.

On the one hand...it would be the same person (since I don't believe that you become a different person every time you wake up or every time you take a breath)...or would it?

I wasn't sure how to define "self". It's all well and good to say that one "self" comprises one "soul", but if in fact two versions of the same person (i.e. going back into the past and meeting yourself) could co-exist, would they have different "soul"s and therefore be different "selves"?

I assume most people would say that thoughts and emotions aren't what make a "soul" or a "self". I mean, theoretically if you replicated every last atom of a person...they would have the same thoughts, feelings, amd memories as the original. But noone would consider them to be the same person, and indeed, they would diverge relatively quickly as they had different life experiences.

So, I guess a question would be: Does coexistence imply discreteness? (not sure if discreteness is even a word. The important part is not confusing discrete with discreet)

Also, if something happens to a past version of someone (like in this scenario) and that something is remembered (because therefore it happened to them before) by a later version, that would imply some sort of link/connection between the two...so maybe having two separate bodies isn't enough to assume discreteness?

Is it possible for one "self" ("soul?") to have two separate brains? Two separate bodies?

Oh, and for anyone that was wondering, the idea for this was inspired by Zoomway's "The Persistence of Memory", in which lots of different versions of Lois and lots of different versions of Clark...er...*cough* *cough* *ahem*.