Yeah! Lois is finally coming to terms with her feelings and as always, Clark is ever honest with her.

"I didn't ask for that."

She blinked. Took a deep breath and released it. "I know. I know that. And really, even if you had, it's...none of my business."

He dropped his hands from her sides, aware that, just like that, the wall had risen again between them. He was not her business and not her boyfriend. Those were the things she had said all along. She had said them again today, and still she could kiss him like he was both.

He ran a hand through his hair, rumpling it, deciding. They could certainly kiss, they'd established that. But they couldn't stay forever connected at the lips. Sooner or later they were going to have to face reality.

The warning bell rang. Five short minutes and everything felt so different now. Lois grabbed a muffin and offered him one. He put it back, no intention of eating. "Why were you jealous?" he asked, timing it so she had just taken a large bite.

Her eyes bulged and she chewed frantically. He pressed his advantage. "Am I wrong? You were a little...territorial."

She grimaced, a blush stealing over her cheeks.

Good.

"I didn't approach her, you know." He held her captive in his gaze, not looking away. Not letting her, either.

She nodded vigorously.

"And I don't want this." He crumpled the paper in his fist, shooting it into the waste basket. "I'm here with you, Lois, whatever that means. And maybe we're going to have to decide, because I don't consider myself available. Not while you and I are together."
Clark is so sweet and again lays his heart on the line for Lois to step on. However, somehow I get the feeling that she will not let him get away so easily this time. Maybe competition for Clark's attention is what she has always needed.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.