Nice chapter. I agree with Nan that you've written Lex extemely (and evilly) well. I love the way he justifies his own despicable deeds as a service to humanity to rid it of undesirable people.

I think it was BJ? who asked why Lois didn't recognize Remington upon meeting him in the cab. Well think of him kind of like Stevie Ray Vaughn. People know his music and his name, but not many people outside the south know what he looks like.
Stevie Ray who? OK, I get your point, but Lois isn't just anyone. She's a triple Kerth award-winning journalist who would most likely know something about the high profile, super sleuth Remington Steele. But - - it's your story, so I'll play along. wink

Lois sat in unabashed awe of what had just occurred in Lex’s office. She could have sworn she’d made explicit plans to tear Lex a new one.
I love this. It really shows how good Lex is at conning Lois, baffling her to hide his corupt nature.

Lois sighed at the memory. <I swear I was a Kerth award winning journalist when I woke up this morning>
rotflol

BJ