I'm a fan of The West Wing, also of Lois And Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, but for some reason I'd never seen the Lois and Clark episode "Lethal Weapon" before the Season 4 DVDs were released, or realised that the villain of the week was played by the late great John Spencer, Leo McGarry in The West Wing.
I just saw in another thread that Lana (Emily Proctor) was also on West Wing.

I actually have a cousin that looks a heck of a lot like me - enough that we have been mistaken for the other on the street.

filling in for Jerry Cooper until he gets over the mumps and out of quarantine.
Did this really happen on West Wing? Or did you make it up. Rotflol

There were a few chuckles. "Finally, the First Lady will be visiting schools in the Washington area today, a
Point of interest: Stockard Channing tried out to be Lois in Superman: The Movie. (The first one.)

the rest of the time he was tied to a giant exploding rutabaga waiting for Superman to rescue him, but..."
Reminds me of the fic ‘Meet Sam Wayne’ and it’s predecessor where the Kent kids had to holler rutabaga when they were in trouble. Must be something special about those rutabagas…

His approval rating was down three points in the New Troy area in the last poll, that still gives him the state but we need to make sure it doesn't slip any more than that."
He’s gonna be in trouble when Martha Kent runs (as in Pam Jernigan’s president series.)

Lois rummaged in her bag again, guessing what was coming next.
Why didn’t she just holler for Superman?

Ah, the mystery. How did Lois escape?

Miniature gas mask. Love it.

So I wonder if Bartlett knows just who Superman is?

Yes, Marcus, you did a great job of capturing WW speech. I could see and hear the characters (the ones I know), and I've only watched a few episodes.

I for one would love to see more cross-over fics. I love them when they are good.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~