So no working with Clark
silly Lois

When I realized that Lois would be finding Dr. Platt's body alone, my first thought was that she wouldn't be burying her face in Clark's chest at the sight of the body, and I was disappointed. I am such a sucker for B plot! blush

They were the feet of a scientist, someone who had worn navy blue gold-toed socks every day of his life, even when he was on vacation.
What a fabulous detail.

She took a deep breath and walked over to him. “You knew it was going to happen,” she said, taking the offensive.

“I most certainly did not,” he responded, his voice clipped and cold.
I think they may be on different pages. Clark wouldn't be this upset about gossip.

“You wouldn’t have let me?” Her voice was deadly. He actually took a step back.
oh boy. oh no, no, no, no. This is bad. I forsee an unhappy ending to this chapter.

She was, in truth, disappointed in him, and with any other man she’d ever known, she’d have already decided he wasn’t worth the trouble and walked away. But there was something that was telling her that Clark was worth the trouble. “It’s fine,” she said again, more sincerely this time.
oh thank god. I bet it's still a little shaky, though.

“Shows what they know.” Clark’s eyes twinkled at her. “This is at least our second fight.”
Ha!

Clark has really gotten under Lois' skin - she forgave him for his "let you" comment with astounding speed and she really wants to work with him even though she won't admit it. She has got it bad, and I can't help but be grateful that Clark would never intentionally hurt her, because she is leaving herself wide open for that, just as she feared. But when Superman comes on the scene, will Clark hurt her in spite of his good intentions?

Transitional, smamsitional. It was a great chapter.

lisa in the sky with diamonds