And thanks again to Nancy, who beta-read this part faster than I could work through it.
Talk about fast, woman! I just sent the 2nd beta back to you a few hours ago. That big, fat, heavy pathology book must still be waiting....
~~

He had planned his death with more accuracy than he had ever needed to kill another adversary.
Ooohhh.... Wicked, evil, man
~~

“Women do strange things to us, son. Alice can drive me rather crazy sometimes, but I love her. And you love Lois.”
I love Perry's insightfulness here.
~~

She needed to be able to spread her wings and fly wherever the winds carried her.
Ah, pretty bird needs to fly.
~~

“Sunshine follows rain, you know that son. As dark and hopeless as things might be now, they can only get better,” he said calmly. “All you need is a little bit of patience. Lois will realize that Lex Luthor is not the nice guy he pretends to be. She just cannot admit that she has made a mistake. But I’m sure she will, before it is too late.”
This is really beautiful.
~~

What she does bothers you because she can touch your soul.
Ahhh....
~~

he made a short detour into his bedroom and changed into a black jeans and a black shirt.
The man must know how sexy he looks in black.
~~

Even though his eyes were closed, he could still see her beauty And he didn't just see her face; he saw her soul.
This is really nice.
~~

“My personal guarantee that Superman won't fly loops during your flight to the police,” Clark replied
Maybe he ought to do a few loop de loops anyway - as long as he does it so they don't throw up on him.
~~

Why was she dreaming about him?
Because you love him, you dunce!
~~

But she had understood too late that this man wasn’t only a friend to her, but also the man she loved.
Yes, yes, yes!!
~~

“I love him. I told him that I didn’t, but I love him so much.”
Ahhhh... She's telling Superman. If she only knew.
~~

clap clap clap

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~