Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to portray Clark as a man struggling to overcome the natural tendency EVERYONE has to admire thin, beautiful people and THEN notice that they are good, wonderful, warm-hearted people afterwords.

Where I'm coming from with this is, I believe that if Alt-Clark had not met "our" Lois, he would have gone ahead and married Lana. Lois would have been his partner perhaps and professional friend but he may not have had that initial "chemistry" with her. Alt-Lois in this fic has most of the characteristics of "our" Lois, she is self-confident about her writing and investigative skills, but she probably wouldn't have stood up to Lex Luthor and gotten an interview from him simply by wearing a sexy dress. She would have had to go about it another way (sorry, but I believe this to be true).

Alt-Lois believes that men only want "Barbie Dolls". She has resigned herself to be a career woman - and then gets abducted by Tempus. She is knocked out on natural sleeping pills (like melatonin) and tranquilizers and doesn't remember a thing as a result. She has a small supply of tranquilizers from when Claude stole her story and belittled her - she takes them only as needed. Lois is NOT a druggie. If I gave anyone that impression, I'm sorry. I'm going to incorporate this information into the fic somewhere.

As Perry said, she was having one of her "meltdowns", and occastionally, she just needs to go home and sleep it off. Next day, she would be fine and this wouldn't happen again for another 3-4 months.

Clark, now that he is aware that Lois Lane is the perfect match for him, is attempting to rise above the cultural norm of beauty being a perfect body and really wants to see inside of this wonderful woman. This is going to be a struggle for him but he's Superman. If anyone can do it, he can!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"