I love it! I love it! I love it!

First, thank goodness the poor ficus finally got some water. I was really getting worried. And this

But a poor plant had no means of blocking its auditory receptors from unwanted sounds. Self could only hope the human would leave the dwelling soon - perhaps to go "on patrol"? Because if that tuneless, off-key humming didn't stop soon, self wouldn't be accountable for self's actions...
had me in stitches!

But back to the romance...

wow. I had a feeling she'd figured some things out. I love the explanation, though, of exactly how she figured it out.

The idea of Lois being so scarred by previous relationships, that the was truly traumatized by Clark's lying, was great. I can definitely see that. And I also really liked the way they went back and talked over some of the key moments in their relationship together. smile

I'm glad she didn't give in to him immediately...she needed time to really work though things herself. But I'm also really glad it didn't take her too long.

I almost cheered aloud at this part:

She drew a deep, painful breath. "Please stay," she said in a small voice.
I'm too excited to write any more for now. Suffice it to say that it was wonderful!

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen