Lovely! I liked how Lois declared her affection for Clark as a friend before she learned about his secret. Clark won't really have any doubt that she wants him as Clark. And once again, of course, we see why she's so essential to the whole equation.

I also really liked the reason Clark gave her for not telling her the secret. Because he's right. It would be absolutely necessary, but very, very difficult, to keep a secret like that. What he said about doing it all his life and still slipping up - for someone else, how much harder would that be?

Her hair was a mess. If one thought that convertibles were hard on a hairdo, they should fly with the Man of Steel sometime. She tried, unsuccessfully, to straighten it with her fingers. If flying with Superman ever became more than a rare event, which she hoped it would, she'd have to give serious thought to a haircut. Something shorter... much shorter.
You know, I never thought of it that way, but that's actually a pretty good reason for a haircut. wink

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler