Originally Posted by AmandaK
This was beautiful. Given the title, I expected them to ride on a train at somepoint, though I guess the subway under the hotel counts.

I've never been to Scotland (never been outside the States really except to the Bahamas) so I loved getting a glimpse into what it's like there (not the touristy stuff either).

Lots of fun here - snowed in (sort of), only one bed, first date, really great OCs. I enjoy reading other dialects - it helps me to sort of hear their accents in my head.

I've never had a deep fried mars bar but I get deep fried snickers every year at the county fair and they are just melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Yummy!

I love how the revelation turned out. Clark showing off with his powers was so cute.

Scotland is a WONDERFUL place. You should got if you get the chance. The hotel they stayed at is one that my husband and I stayed at and the rumbliness of the room was 100% true. Sadly that hotel is now gone. I wanted to call the fic "If this is Glasgow, why is it Snowing"? I took the idea from the film "If It's Tuesday, this Must be Belgium", instead of "Plains, Trains and Deep Fried Mars Bars", but I didn't think anyone would understand the film reference.

Thanks again so much!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel