#4 The Trials of Apollo - The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan

#5 The Trials of Apollo - The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan

#6 Kingdom Keepers #7 - The Insider by Ridley Pearson

#7 Medusa by Jessie Burton

Hated this one. It's A YA book I happened to see in the library and thought it might be cool to see the who Medusa had once been and how she was changed into a gorgon. This kinda told her story but in an AU kind of way - she has no idea she can turn people into stone and falls in love with Perseus when he washes ashore on her island. (They chat behind a screen of rocks.) Medusa winds up accidentally turning Perseus into stone instead of the real myth where he cuts off her head. Medusa gets 100% painted as a pathetic lovestruck fool.

#8 The Evil Dead 40th Anniversary Edition by Mark Verheiden and John Bolton

A graphic novel version of the beloved cult classic. I wanted to love it, but it was simply just "okay." I don't mind the retelling, but basic facts were overlooked/changed for no reason. Cheryl is Ash's sister in the movies (a VERY important fact), but here, she's simply a friend of Linda, Ash's girlfriend. And here Ash basrely tolerates Scotty, who is his best friend in the films. Overall, the changes annoyed the heck out of me. (I've been a "Deadite" for roughly 26 years now.) The art style was weird - a mix of comic booky and almost realistic. And the few moments where we see Ash and Linda in flashbacks were too few to really matter much.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon