Okay, I'm new here, but I'll give this a go!

I wrote A LOT in 2022...but I think these few here are my favorites:

Of my shorter stories, I really like my Wishes series love
Wishes Series

There are three short stories in this series, each one told from a different perspective. Wish Upon A Star is told from Lois's POV, while Wish Heard From Afar is from Clark's POV and Wish Straight From the Heart is from the POV of their young son, Jon.

Wish Upon A Star
Summary: Lois and her son Jon make their annual Christmas wish. Will they finally receive the Christmas miracle they’ve been hoping for?

Wish Heard From Afar
Summary: In this companion story to Wish Upon A Star, Clark returns from New Krypton on Christmas morning to find an unexpected and precious gift.

Wish Straight From the Heart
Summary: In this companion story to Wish Upon A Star and Wish Heard From Afar, young Jon Kent learns that his Christmas Eve wishes might have had more power than he’d imagined.

And for my longer stories, I wrote Anchor: Part I -- Clark Kent and Savior. Both of these were fulfilling to write for different reasons...

Savior is probably one of my favorite stories (that I've actually finished!) so far. I loved several things about it, particularly Clark's developing superpowers (first flight scene!! Ahh!!) and then how he grew and healed throughout the story. I also loved putting together the last few chapters (ack, don't wanna give spoilers!).

Savior
Summary: As night falls on an old abandoned warehouse just outside Metropolis, Lois finds more than just a front-page story when she helps rescue a man who’s been imprisoned and subjected to unthinkable torture for nearly fifteen years. What will become of him as he’s thrown into a world he hasn’t seen since his too-short childhood? And how will Lois reconcile her complicated feelings for him as their friendship grows?

Anchor has been such a trip for me to write. It started out as a little idea in my head and grew and morphed and then grew more... For those who have read it already and have read part 2 and know there's also a part 3...maybe you understand why smile Anyways, in Anchor I, I love how I portrayed AltClark and then...the twist that apparently NO ONE saw coming about mid-story (again, ACK, no spoilers for those who haven't yet read it!).

Anchor: Part I -- Clark Kent
Summary: A tragedy in another universe threatens all life on that universe’s Earth. Can Clark Kent AKA Superman save the world and set things back on the right path while finding a place for himself at the same time? An alternate universe story. Part 1 of 3.

Thanks to everyone who has been so welcoming of me to this community, and happy reading to all!

-Bek
hyper

Last edited by SuperBek; 02/06/23 06:07 PM.